What do we do?
Created Mother is an accessory company that features all-day-hold scrunchies; Our scrunchies are handmade in Manitoba using the finest materials, including our show-stopping elastic!
We also make Hot/Cold Therapy Packs which can be used for care, comfort and act as a natural aches and pains reliever.
We have expanded our shop to include a waste reduction scrunchie line (Waste-Not Colour Block) and now also offer other hair-care products to help you get the very best for your hair, all in one shop!
Created Mother Values:
One of our greatest assets to the community is our ability to create and inspire connection. Since starting Created Mother, he have hosted many connection events including: Poolside connects (for small business owners) and Connection at home events. We believe that our products can help us grow closer to our community by using them as gifts, showing we care, or even just using them as time savers!⠀⠀
Giving back to the community is very important to us. Not only do we strive to be financially generous in our community, it is also important to me that Created Mother reflects generosity in the value and service we provide to our customers. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Created Mother donates 10% of our revenue to local charities with a focus on food banks & women’s shelters.
Our mission is to give to those who have nothing to give us in return. When we donate, we are truly giving out of our abundance of love and care for our community and it is our secret JOY, to give without anyone knowing/praising/offering exposure for us in return. Radical generosity is our JOY.
September donation month:
- 2021: We donated 100% of our profit to the Thanksgiving Food & Clothing Drive (TF&CD)
- 2022: We donated 100% of our sales to the TF&CD
- 2023: We are matching each sale with a donation. Ie. Buy a scrunchie and we will donate a scrunchie. Up to $5000 in product donations!
Scrunchie Recycling Program:
- Customers can donate their gently used hair care products and we donate our time and resources to wash and repair (if necessary) these products and then donate them back to local women's shelters.
This program has a two-fold initiative:
- Provide necessary hair-care products to women’s shelters.
- Reduce the amount of products sent to the landfill because they are no longer preferred (when they are still in good condition!)
In 2022 we hosted the following connection events:
- Send a Letter initiative (Feb 2022) — where customers were encouraged to reach out to friends and family by sending a card and small gift to show that they cared.
- Poolside Connects (x3!) where fellow small business owners could share ideas, resources, and learn and grow together.
In 2023 we have hosted:
- Connection at home: Building relationships with our girls
- More events to come!